May Term Chronology
The steps below indicate the chronology in which a May Term should be planned:
- The student intern contacts the classroom teacher and school principal(or supervisor, in a non-classroom setting) any time from September to the beginning of Spring Break.The intern should refer them to the May Term Objectives and Activities website for complete information regarding the internship.
- The student discusses and completes the May Term Objectives and Activities Agreement with the classroom teacher/supervisor.
- The May Term Objectives and Activities Agreement is signed by the intern classroom teacher and administrator or supervisor.
- This completed form is returned to Suzanne Baker in the Department of Education by the end of Spring Break.
- The internship begins after Denison's school year has ended.
- The Director of Field Experience is in contact with the teacher/supervisor via phone or email during the internship.
- Internship ends after 100 hours have been completed.
- Classroom Teacher or supervisor submits an evaluation to Suzanne Baker, Department of Education. This may be done electronically through our online form or via email. A hard copy of the evaluation may be requested and returned to the department.
- The intern completes: (all of which are to be returned to the Department of Education - Suzanne Baker by June 15th)
- daily journal
- school data collection sheet
- 3-5 page paper