Suggestions For May Term Objectives And Activites
Below is a list of possible activities which are appropriate to a May Term internship.
Please use this list as well as your own suggestions when completing the Objectives/Activities Agreement.
The intern could:
1. assist in the preparation of exams and formative evaluations.
2. tutor students in problem areas, specific assignments and for exams.
3. assist the L.D. or Reading teacher in the building.
4. answer student questions after classroom teacher gives a lecture.
5. grade papers after school hours (not in place of other classroom activities).
6. assist classroom teacher with club, athletics, journalism, lunch room, or study hall duties.
7. help individual students design and implement their research projects.
8. administer standardized tests.
9. help the teacher prepare instructional materials.
10. help the teacher in the preparation of bulletin boards.
11. assist in preparing, devising, and implementing classroom activities.
12. assist in the previewing and selecting of audio-visual materials.
13. record grades.
14. look up teacher resource materials.
15. prepare lesson plans.
16. keep records of required assignments, i.e. daily class and home work
17. monitor tests.
18. identify appropriate community resources for use in classroom.
19. prepare a syllabus.
20. lead discussions.
21. assist in preparation of Individualized Education Programs (IEP)
22. with supervision: prepare and teach at least two lessons (more if teacher and intern are comfortable with the idea)
N.B. If the student intern does not have the opportunity to teach during the internship, it will not have served its purpose.