ATEP Graduation Requirements
Students who graduate from a CAATE accredited ATEP are eligible to sit for the BOC examination in athletic training. In order for a student to graduate from this ATEP they must successfully complete each of the following requirements.Administrative
- Formally admitted into this ATEP.
- Be compliant with the ATEP Technical Standards.
- Maintain professional malpractice liability insurance policy.
- Have transportation to external professional experience sites.
- Adhere to the profession's ethics.
- Complete annual blood-borne pathogen workshops.
- Satisfy all requirements for graduation established by the University.
Didactic - Earn a minimum grade of C- in each of the required courses.
Clinical - Satisfactorily complete the six clinical education courses during the assigned semester and year. Three academic years are required to complete this progression.
- General Medical Conditions (PHED 350-81): Fall Sophomore Year
- General Medical Conditions II (PHED 350-82): Spring Sophomore Year
- Upper Extremities (PHED 350-83): Fall Junior Year
- Lower Extremities (PHED 350-84): Spring Junior Year
- Padding Intensive (PHED 350-85): Fall Senior Year
- Rehabilitation (PHED 350-86): Spring Senior Year
External Professional Observation Experiences
- Acquire 40 hours at an assigned family medical clinic.
- Acquire 20 hours at an assigned upper extremity orthopedic clinic.
- Acquire 20 hours at an assigned lower extremity orthopedic clinic.
- Acquire 20 hours at an assigned high school.
- Acquire 20 hours at an assigned physical therapy clinic.