Careers in Psychology
A wide variety of careers in psychology and related fields are possible for students who major in psychology. These career opportunities include social service, business, marketing, human resources development, teaching, and research. Also a number of our majors pursue graduate training in a wide variety of professional programs such as law, medicine, nursing, gerontology and geriatrics, special education, social work, city and regional planning, labor and industrial relations, management, physical/occupational therapy, and rehabilitation counseling.
Students should consult with their professors and adviser, as well as Denison's Career Development Center for information about psychology-related careers. The links listed below provide many useful sources of information.
- Career and Graduate School Information American Psychological Association
- Several Resources on Career Development and Careers in Psychology [University of Northern Iowa]
- Careers in Psychology [PsychWeb]
- Non-Academic Careers in Psychology
- Thinking About Graduate School? [University of Scranton]
Besides information linked above, the department has several resources (books, pamphlets, brochures) available for examination. Check with your adviser or the department secretary for borrowing these resources.