Travel & Safety
- US State Department Website - Travel Warnings & US Consulate information
- US Embassies - Links to US embassy information
- Tips for Students Studying Abroad - Department of State Website
- Safety Abroad Handbook - USC Center of Global Education's resources and preparation tips for students considering studying abroad
- National Center for Infectuous Diseases - Travelers' Health - Information on recommended vaccinations, current outbreaks and diseases
It is strongly recommend that all students participating on an international off-campus program carry international medical and evacuation insurance coverage in addition to their domestic health insurance plan. Two widely used providers are:
It is also recommended that at least one parent/guardian obtain a passport so that travel will not be unduly delayed in the case of a medical or personal emergency.