Academic Support & Enrichment staff is available for individual appointments or small workshops about the following topics:
- Transitioning to Denison and Tips for Academic Success
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking and Reading
- Communicating with Faculty
- Note-taking Skills
- Test Anxiety
- Managing Stress
- Study Strategies
- Learning Styles
- The Writing Process
AS&EC professionals also provide support to faculty and staff on individual student concerns, disability resources, and academic issues.
Food for Thought
Did you know that you can take your favorite faculty or staff member to the Dining Hall for free?
- Ask a faculty or staff member to join you in the dining hall for a meal.
- When you arrive at either Curtis or Huffman Dining Hall,* ask the dining hall check-in staff to record your name and the name of the faculty member. The dining hall staff will send the charge slip to the Academic Support & Enrichment Center (Doane 102). Students having a meal in the dining hall must either be on the meal plan or pay for their own meal.
- Enjoy a meal in the dining hall with your favorite faculty member!
*Meals at Slayter Snack Bar are not eligible for this program.