Digital Resource Commons
To see Denison's Digital Collections please visit the Denison Digital Resource Commons.
You can also view the collections of other Ohio colleges and universities in the OhioLINK Digital Resource Commons.
Next Generation Libraries Mellon Grant, 2010-2012
Grant Opportunity for Curricular Development Projects
Through an Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant to the Five Colleges of Ohio, Denison University is now accepting proposals for curriculum development grants to faculty interested in partnering with their librarians to build digital collections to enhance student learning. The Next Generation Libraries (NGL) Grant will fund approximately $25,000 total per year for collaborative projects for each of the next two years, 2010-2012.
The Denison NGL selection committee invites faculty proposals for curriculum development projects focused on the creation of digital collections. For information on the proposal process, please see the PDFs posted below. Denison’s campus selection committee for the NGL grant includes: Robin Bartlett, Debby Andreadis, Adam Davis, Trent Edmunds, Susan Garcia, Heather Lyle, Carrie Olson, and Jeff Thompson.
The selection committee began accepting applications for Summer, 2010 grants on May 1, 2010. After review of the initial set of proposals, applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Our goal is to offer quick responses to proposals, i.e., usually within two weeks of submission.
Please note that all applications must be developed in collaboration with a librarian or archivist, who can offer assistance in developing the proposal. Applications must be submitted to Debby Andreadis, email@example.com.
- For hiring summer student assistants, the grant will approve up to 10 weeks of full-time work at the standard pay rate ($8.30/hour for 2011), plus FICA, and Housing for a Denison student. Therefore, the maximum will be $2,905 wages, $223 FICA, and $700 housing, for a grand total of $3,828 in summer, 2011.
- All grant proposals REQUIRE that the faculty member consult and partner with a librarian throughout the process from proposal to completion of the final report. Evidence of preliminary research, consultations, and justifications are expected.
- In general, grants requesting total funding below $6,000 are preferred.
- If requested, faculty stipends for one summer should be no more than $1,000.
- Faculty are encouraged to seek other funding (DURF, etc.) to complement/supplement the NGL grants.
- Approved grants to date include:
- Moller/Kennedy/Finnell/Undergraduate Journals [pdf]
- Klemetti/Garcia Digital Rocks and Fossils [pdf]
- McCall/Garcia Herbarium Specimens [pdf]
- Mead/Lyle Women's Studies Collection [pdf]
- Pierce/Kosson Black Studies Collection [pdf]
- Turnbull/Hall Costume Collection [pdf]
- Krumholz/Finnell/Homestead Archive [pdf]
- Grandbois/Finnell Exile Literary Journal [pdf]
- Brown/Finnell Articulate Journal of Criticism [pdf]
- Cort/Finnell Denison Journal of Religion [pdf]