A cooperative service among lending institutions which enables Denison students, faculty, and staff to obtain materials that are unavailable in our library, in CONSORT, or in OhioLINK. ILL is primarily used to secure copies of journal articles from journals that are not owned by Denison.
Find out more about ILL
Faculty Borrowing Privileges
- Books and Government Documents may be borrowed for an entire academic year, and must be returned or renewed at the end of the academic year. A notice is sent in mid-May as a reminder to return or renew.
- Sound Recordings are loaned for 100 days.
- Some Denisoniana Collection books circulate to faculty for 7 days.
- Periodicals circulate for 3 days and may not be renewed.
- Videos circulate for one week and may be renewed once.
- The Circulation Department will recall an item if it is needed for Course Reserves. However, if faculty need materials for personal use, they are encouraged to locate materials through CONSORT, OhioLINK, or Interlibrary Loan.
- Newspapers, reference books, pre-1940 periodicals, as well as books from the Dixson and Gilbert Collections do not circulate. In addition, books and Government Documents in the general collection that are stamped "Does Not Circulate" may not be borrowed.
- Books and Government Documents are loaned for 21 days with a 7 day fine-free grace period. Items may be renewed twice before they are returned.
- Books are loaned for 21 days, and may be renewed once before they are returned. Be sure to renew items before their due date, since they cannot be renewed once they are overdue.
- If you need to borrow a specific book for longer period of time, request the same book from another university before the first book you borrowed must be returned!
- Periodicals do not circulate.
- Audio/Visual, Government Document and microform loan periods vary by university.
- You may borrow no more than 25 items at one time through OhioLINK. This total includes holds and borrowed materials.
Faculty Reading Room
The Faculty Reading Room is on the 4th floor of the library in the West Wing addition of the building. There are 16 carrels and lockers available for checkout.
If you would like to reserve a carrel and locker, please contact Pam Magelaner, Circulation/Interlibrary Loan Manager at x5711.
Class Web Pages
Do you wish you could list all the resources appropriate to your class in one place?
The library is happy to create class webpages and provide access to them via LibGuides. Please contact Debby Andreadis to make arrangements.
Ordering Books & A/V Materials
Is there an item that you'd like to see in the Doane Library collection? We want to know about it!
Fill out an online Purchase Request
Alternatively, you could:
- Use the campus mail to send a request to Earl Griffith, Head of Collection Development. Do whatever works best for you—circle an item in a catalog, send a flyer, use the order cards from the library acquisition department. If you've received Choice cards or approval slips for review, send back the ones you'd like us to buy.
- Contact Earl Griffith, (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call him at: 740-587-6619
The Library Periodicals Committee meets from time to time to discuss journal subscription requests. The Periodicals budget and shelving space are finite. Also, the inflation rate for subscriptions is fairly high, and subscriptions represent long-term commitments. Therefore, each request for a new subscription is carefully evaluated.
Please fill out the Journal Request in as much detail as possible to receive consideration. Sample issues are always welcome.