2011 President's Medalists
On Friday, April 15, 2011, at seven Denison University seniors received the college’s most prestigious award, the President’s Medal. The awards were presented at the annual Academic Awards Convocation in Swasey Chapel.
The preeminent criterion for receipt of a President’s Medal, which was established in 1985, is academic achievement. In addition, candidates must embody some combination of the following: service to the community, contribution to the arts, enlargement of the community's global perspective, athletic fitness and achievement, leadership ability and contribution to community discourse.
The Class of 2011 President’s Medalists:
- Daniel Patrick Crawford, a biochemistry major from Upper Arlington, Ohio
- Sibylle Freiermuth, a biology and international studies double major from Zurich, Switzerland
- Zachary Simon Goldman, a mathematics major from Blue Ash, Ohio
- Mark James Heckmann, a sociology/anthropology and communication double major from Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Allison Alexandra Kranek, an English literature major from Akron, Ohio
- Katalin Ann Navarre, an English major from Upper Arlington, Ohio
- Shavely Marie Peralta, a communication and Spanish double major from Methuen, Mass.