Offer an Internship
The Denison Internship Program offers our students a structured learning experience as they explore career fields and apply academic coursework to the workplace. Each year, our program promotes and engages in a variety of internship opportunities across the globe that are typically conducted over the summer months. We expect our students to learn and develop professionally through a three-tiered partnership between students, supervisors, and the Career Exploration and Development staff.
How the Internship Program Works
Criteria When Offering an Internship:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
- If you are interested in promoting a summer internship opportunity, please request to join DULink.
- Students need to make travel/living arrangements when selected to intern, so we encourage our employer partners to offer prompt feedback regarding offers.
- Internships must offer a minimum of 100 working hours. We strongly encourage internships of greater lengths to provide maximum benefits to all parties.
- Please report concerning situations involving Denison students to firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-587-6656 so that we can help resolve any issues that may arise.
- Please be aware that Denison Summer Break starts Monday, May 13, 2013.