Denison University provides network resources to students, faculty and staff for many purposes ranging from education and research to communications and entertainment. The costs associated with operating a large volume network are part of the general operating expenses. By using network resources wisely and respectfully, we can contain costs and provide more secure services for the Denison community. All users of the Denison network are subject to the same rules, embodied in the Acceptable Use Policy [pdf].
- Information Technology Services reserves the right to interrupt network service at any time if it determines that a violation of copyright law has occurred or if a student is consuming a disproportionate share of network resources in a way that affects general network performance.
- Access to student systems may be interrupted by Information Technology Services at any time.
- Students will be held responsible for all violations of federal and state law and Denison Acceptable Use Policies that originate from their systems.
- Any use of Denison's network for commercial purposes, violation of copyright law, or other violation of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of access until the offending material is removed.
- Under normal circumstances, systems will be accessible only from on-campus locations.