Personal Webpage Policy
Denison University grants students, faculty, and staff the right to create personal homepages and have them linked to the main Denison website, within the limit of available resources. Each person will initially be granted a web server account with 10 MB of storage space.
Individual personal pages may be linked to departmental websites at the discretion of that department.
Personal page owners are reminded that "the Trustees of Denison University make these web pages available to members of the Denison community for their possible use and enjoyment, but do not necessarily endorse the items published ..."
The University reserves the right to withdraw access to personal pages for:
- Violations of community rules and regulations, in particular Denison's Acceptable Use Policy [pdf]
- student personal pages - standard judicial procedures will apply when a problem with home page content arises.
- faculty personal pages - standard faculty procedures will apply when a problem with home page content arises.
- staff personal pages - standard S.O.S. procedures will apply when a problem with home page content arises.
- Violations of copyright/civil law, including the unauthorized reproduction and use of copyright images and text.
- Resource limitations: If demands on network capacity or hardware resources degrade response time for other users to an unacceptable level, home page owners may be asked to reduce their demands for these resources.
Assistance to Users
- Support, consultation and time from University personnel is provided on an as available, limited basis. The Web Services Office, (x5752 or firstname.lastname@example.org) should be contacted for such assistance. Priority will be given to individuals who have taken Web Publishing Tutorials on how to create web pages.
- Web Publishing courses will be offered during the year in which members of the campus community can learn how to create web pages.