B.A. in Economics, 2012
B.A. in Communication, 2012
Hi! My name is Shuangqi Wang. Most people here know me as Joy. I’m from Shenzhen, China, double majoring in Economics and Communication (class of 2012). I’m currently on the Denison Community Association (DCA) Cabinet, and I’ve been actively involved in these two DCA clubs: New Beginnings and Denison Companions. I’m also the new treasurer of Asian Culture Club (ACC). So please feel free to ask me anything that you think I might be familiar with.
Six things about me:
- I participated in Denison Service Orientation (DSO) before my freshman year started and did June Orientation (June-O) as one of the student staff after my freshman year ended. I think taking part in these two activities is one of the most amazing things I’ve done during my college life. I learned A LOT during these two orientations. DSO was like the placement test while June-O was like the first-year final test for my ability to become part of an American community. I tried my best in both of them and luckily, I think I passed the final.
- I basically lived in the library during my first year. I did my homework there, hanged out with friends there, slept there, ate there, and killed time there. I think by not letting me to get a job in the library, God was trying to tell me that “It’s not good to make your home your office”. However, since I’m not really religious, could anyone please give me the job?
- I’m going to get the first cell phone in my life next semester. Well, hopefully.
- I have the habit of talking to myself, but I promise I’m mentally fine.
- I told other June-O staff that I didn't understand why it's "crispy chicken sandwich" but not "crispy chicken burger". They thought it was funny. One day, I was introduced to a kid coming to June-O. I thought I was told that he had the same question, which made me proud at the moment. “AHA, I found the mistake of the American language that would confuse even Americans.” However, after 15 seconds, he told me that he actually made fun of his Canadian friend who wanted to have a “crispy chicken burger”.
- By the way, crispy chicken sandwich with bacon inside is MY FAVORITE.