Denison Big Red Weekend celebrates family, friends and alumni
Date of Event: September 23, 2011
Posted: September 9, 2011
GRANVILLE, Ohio—Denison's Big Red Weekend will take place over the Sept. 23 - 25 weekend this year. The annual celebration for Denison family, friends and alumni will feature many events that are open to the public:
• Denison Museum Exhibits: “Knock on Wood, Five Years and Counting: The Fifth Anniversary of the Denison Museum,” and “Turning Leaves: Tea through Time and Around the World,” from noon-5 p.m. daily in the Denison Museum at Burke Hall (240 West Broadway). The exhibition continues through Friday, Dec. 9, (closed November 19-27). Free and open to the public.
• Theatre Production: “Memoir” at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 23 and 24, in Burke Black Box Theatre (240 West Broadway) For ticket information, call 740-587-6527. Free and open to the public.
• Student A Cappella Concert at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, in Swasey Chapel (200 Chapel Drive). Free and open to the public.
• Denison Football vs. Case Western Reserve at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at Deeds Field-Piper Stadium (100 Livingston Drive). General Admission - $4.00; ages 12 through high school - $2.00; Visiting college students, faculty and staff with college ID - $2.00; Under 12 and senior citizens - Free; Denison students, faculty and staff with college ID - Free.
• Department of Music Showcase at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, at Swasey Chapel (200 Chapel Drive). From classical to bluegrass to Broadway, featuring a variety of ensembles. Free and open to the public.
Denison University, founded in 1831, is an independent, residential liberal arts institution located in Granville, Ohio. A highly selective college enrolling 2,100 full-time undergraduate students from all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries, Denison is a place where innovative faculty and motivated students collaborate in rigorous scholarship, civic engagement and the cultivation of independent thinking.