Student Conduct & Campus Values
As articulated in Denison's mission statement, the purpose of the University is to inspire and educate students to become autonomous thinkers, discerning moral agents and active citizens of a democratic society. Our purpose in the Office of Student Conduct & Campus Values (OSC) is to promote an environment that is consistent with this overarching institutional goal. By our work, our intention is that students will be responsible decision makers. They will understand the relationship between individual rights and community responsibility and realize that the balance of these is integral to our campus environment and life beyond Denison.
Throughout the site is a variety of information relating to the University's student conduct program; the University's standards and policies, the conduct process, and other critical links and resources. So that every student has the opportunity to maximize his or her success at Denison, the OSC encourages students and their parents to spend some time becoming familiar with this information.
The current goals of the student conduct program at Denison are:
- to interpret, develop, disseminate, and uphold the Code of Student Conduct and other university policies on behalf of all members of the Denison community, and do so in ways that are fair and reaonsable so as to protect the right of students to learn and grow in a positive and safe environment;
- to engage students who violate the community's expectations with respect and dignity;
- to provide learning experiences for students who are found to be responsible for violations or who participate in the operations of the student conduct process;
- to initiate and encourage educational activities that serve to reduce violations of University expectations and that aid in the reduction of community disruption and harm; and
- to facilitate and encourage respect for and involvement in the conduct process.
The Office of Student Conduct & Campus Values is located within the Student Development Office in Doane Hall (Room 105). Office hours are 8:30am—4:30pm, Monday-Friday. The Office reports to the Vice President for Student Development.
Campus and Residential Life
Granville, OH 43023
Student Conduct Staff
Associate Dean of Students and Director
Office of Student Conduct & Campus Values
office: 740-587-6765 / fax: 740-587-6319
email@example.com / 740-587-6765
Residential Conduct Educators
Assistant Director of Residential Education, East Quad
office: 740-587-6776 / fax: 740-587-8648
Assistant Director of Residential Education, North Quad
office: 740-587-5709 / fax: 740-587-8639
Assistant Director of Residential Education, West Quad
office: 740-587-6436 / fax: 740-587-8639
Assistant Director of Residential Education, Fine Arts Quad and Crawford Hall
office: 740-587-6732 / fax: 740-587-8639