As a forum for Denison University news, stories, and ideas, TheDEN welcomes and encourages comments from readers. TheDEN’s goal is to keep discussions within the comments section open, relevant, and, above all, civil. The following points detail the TheDEN’s comment policy and identify the specific instances in which comments will be deleted from the website.
- Comments that contain profanity will be deleted.
- Comments that attack individuals will be deleted.
- Comments that contain offensive language or concepts will be deleted.
- Comments that promote unrelated business (or other) opportunities will be deleted.
- To keep content within the comments section relevant and on-topic, TheDEN utilizes tools for blocking comment spam.
- Use of links within the comment section is permissible, but only when URLs direct users to relevant information. Any comments that contain URLs will be screened first by an administrator.
- When submitting comments, users are asked to provide their name and e-mail address. E-mail addresses will not be publicly disclosed within published comments. As part of the submission process, TheDEN does log the Internet Protocol Addresses (IP) of commenters as well as the date and time stamp of their submission.
TheDEN reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to its website without notice. This policy is subject to change at any time.